Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Always Coca-Cola



I found this pretty wall next to a hotel I was staying at in London, Ontario. As luck would have it, this red truck was parked perfectly beside it.
For your amusement, these are some of the most well-known Coca-Cola advertising slogans that they have used in the past century. Some of them made me think "whAT?!" and others were just plain funny. Enjoy.

1886 Drink Coca-Cola
1900 For headache and exhaustion, drink Coca-Cola
1904 Coca-Cola is a delightful, palatable, healthful beverage
1905 The favorite drink for ladies when thirsty, weary, and despondent
1907 Coca-Cola is full of vim, vigor and go - is a snappy drink
1908 Sparkling - harmless as water, and crisp as frost
1912 Demand the genuine - refuse substitutes
1914 Nicknames encourage substitutions
1917 Three million a day
1925 Six million a day
1963 Things go better with Coke
1966 Coke...after Coke...after Coke
1993 Always Coca-Cola
_____________________________________________________________________________________________


Camera Model Nikon D70
Lens Nikon 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6G AF
Exposure Time 10/3200s
Shooting Mode Manual
F-Stop f5.0
Focal Length 44.0mm
ISO 200
Flash no flash

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the vivid red of the car gives a good contrast to that fading image... nice shot!

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"For headache and exhaustion, drink Coca-Cola". ??!!

I bet they could not get away with that one now :)

Nice shot, btw.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous image, Jenny! The bright red truck really brings out what's left of the paint on the bricks...

And wow--some of those are AWESOME slogans! I love that--harmless as water, healthful beverage...heh! :)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. And Robert and Lara, those were the slogans I shook my head at too. lol

12:54 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Hi Chris,

I emailed you through an email I found online, the roxasia.com one. Let me know if you are no longer using that, so I can send the info again.
Thanks!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home